Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catch Up

Ok, so I haven't posted for a while and a few people have been sending me guilt trips, so I will do a very quick summary of the past few months.

January:
-My birthday! Ate way too much chocolate oreo cake on several occasions, went out to eat for work, and went to a play at Desert Star called "Home School Musical." It was sooo funny! I would definitely recommended any play at Desert Star to anyone wanting to see a good play.
-Jonathan started another semester at BYU.
-I honestly can't remember anything else. I am getting forgetful in my old age!

February:
-Valentine's Day! Jonathan had me buy myself flowers from the store (they were beautiful) and we exchanged cards. We're not huge Valentine's day fans.
-The Amazing Race started ( I seriously love that show) and they spent one episode in Romania! It reminded me how much I love Romania, and how much I would never live there again.
-Jonathan and I are in the new Draper Temple district so we had the opportunity to volunteer at the open house. I was an Usher in one of the ordinance rooms part of the day and in front an elevator the other part. Trust me, 11 hours of standing is a long time! Jonathan was on security detail and was in one of the parking lots until all the cars left. It was a long day, but we had a great time and I loved being able to spend so much time in the temple.

March:
-I finally capitulated and got an insulin pump. For those who don't know what that is, it is kind of like a portable IV. The pump has a tube that comes out of it that attaches to my stomach. I have to change the site every three days, but now I don't have to do shots every time I eat. I have had it for 48 hours now and it has been ok so far. I don't like having something attached to me, but it will probably be good for me in the long run. The cool part about it is that the meter has a blue tooth in it so I can program things from the meter to the pump! No worries, my pump is not pink, it's silver. Below is a picture of the pump and the meter.

7 comments:

Channa said...

Hey Mindy! I'm so glad you updated. I had been wondering what you'd been up to since Christmas. I'll have to search on the internet to see if I can find when they were in Romania. That must have been fun to watch! I am excited you got your new insulin pump. It sounds like it will be more efficient and not as much hassle? Let's hope anyway! That pretty neat it has blue tooth too. :) I check your blog all of them time so you'll have to put more info on here. It's fun to check in and see what you've been doing. Love you Mindy!

P.S. That's so fun to be in the new temple district. We didn't have a chance to go through the open house...we had tickets but didn't make it down. We'll have to try to go through it this summer. What a fun thing to volunteer! Long days though...

kachers said...

Mindizzle! SO GOOD to hear your voice - through your blog. Maybe that's a creepy thing to say? i'm glad you posted - so just today at Church I had the opportunity to teach RS and i shared a little about ROmania. oh the memories - so you'd never go back? :> you are so funny! MISS YOU! It was so glorious to talk to you last time - let's do that again soon, K!? Te iubesc!

Alie and James said...

Hurray for the update! I am glad all is well.

Javidite said...

Doing the temple open house must of been way fun. Glad you updated us.

Laura Cates said...

Mindy,
Is there something wrong with having a colored pump? Mine is purple! I hope that it works out well for you!
Laura

Ammon and Tara said...

Geeze Mindy, it's about time. j/k. You must just be a busy person! Good to hear from you!

Melissa & Cameron said...

We went to Hom School Musical too. It was so funny!