Sunday, May 31, 2009

Anniversary

Jonathan and I had our 3rd anniversary on May 12th. We went to dinner and were going to go to a movie, but decided to visit my father-in-law in the hospital instead. The bigger celebration was this past weekend when went to Wolf Creek for two nights. We swam, played tennis, went to a movie, and just spent time together. Each day I spend with Jonathan reminds me of what a good choice I made three years ago.
On a side note, for those of you who don't know how we met... Jonathan and I went to high school together. We were friends but were both too involved in other things to pay attention to one another. We even went on student government trips together, but neither of us remember the other one even being there. I do remember thinking he was cute, but that's about it. Three years later Jonathan was looking for a date, so he decided to go through our high school phone book. My name was the first one he came to that he thought he could ask out. Romantic eh? Good story nonetheless.

3 comments:

kachers said...

ooooh - sigh! I love hearing the how we met stories. I forgot the details! I'm so GLAD you guys could get away and be together! Happy anniversary!

Alie and James said...

Happy anniversary!

lindsay said...

Your blog is really cute Mindy! I loved hearing about you and Jonathan and the "phone book date" :-) Sweet memories!