Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 3: Gettysburg

On Sunday we spent the afternoon in Gettysburg. I apparently had no concept of how big the battle was, the number of monuments there, or the size of the of the area (25 miles). We had a tour on CD, so we were able to drive around and listen to information about all the sites.
Monument for South Carolina. Every single state, brigade, and battalion that took part in the battle had its own monument. There was one just about every 10 feet the entire tour.
Looking over Gettysburg from Little Round Top


I liked the look of the fence, so we took a picture.

Thank you Person Family for letting us crash at your house and for driving us all over four different states. We had a fabulous time!

4 comments:

Maranda said...

Hey Mindy! I love all your vacation pictures. It looks like you had a great time and were able to see a lot of stuff in such a short time. You guys are so cute, and I love this skirt you're wearing!

Alie and James said...

I am so glad you had such a great time in DC. I knew you would love it. It is always nice to go on a vacation.

kachers said...

What a great trip! I'm so happy you posteD some pics! miss you - it was SO GOOD to talk to you last week. Thanks for calling!! Your look so good!

C.J. and Jackie said...

Fun vacation, I am jealous you got to go to Camden Yards, that is on my list of stadiums to go to, I've been to all the professional stadiums on the west coast so far, and Grandpa doesn't want the love sac, I already asked, he hates that thing, he can't get out of it. So if you know anyone that wants to buy a hardly used 8 foot love sac let me know. WE don't have room in our house